PO Box 592241
San Antonio, TX 78259
stephen at stephenhargrove dot com
Senior Enterprise Security Analyst, UTHSCSA; San Antonio, TX – 2011-Present
- Assist departments in obtaining and maintaining FISMA compliance.
- Develop and maintain policies to ensure FERPA and HIPAA compliance.
- Develop mobile device management policies and implement supporting technology.
- Implement and manage Qualys vulnerability scanner.
- Implement and manage workstation patch management and compliance solution.
- Investigate and implement ideas to more seamlessly integrate Apple products.
Enterprise Security Analyst II, TTUHSC; Lubbock, TX – 2007–2011
- Maintain and monitor TippingPoint IPS.
- Monitor Forefront incident logs.
- Define policy and maintain McAfee ePO and VirusScan.
- Monitor network traffic on QRadar.
- Monitor server vulnerabilities with Qualys and assist with patch management.
- Assist Networking with internal and external DNS.
- Administer Juniper firewalls.
- Perform forensic examinations to ensure policy compliance.
- Review policies and usage to ensure HIPAA compliance.
- Evaluate security products for possible implementation.
Lead System Administrator, TTUHSC; Lubbock, TX – 2002–2007
- Managed and monitored Tripwire to ensure configuration/change management compliance.
- Researched, recommended, and implemented solutions for mitigating identified risks.
- Assisted Security in developing anti-virus policies for institutional servers.
- Managed and maintained Microsoft Exchange clusters.
- Monitored and managed all enterprise servers via Nagios.
- Managed and maintained VMware Infrastructure 3.
- Developed and maintained access control policies.
- Wrote and implemented disaster recovery policies and procedures for data center.
- Redesigned data center from the ground up to ensure Tier 4 compliance.
- Assisted in Samba/Active Directory integration.
- Oversaw all data center activity and work order performance.
- Maintained 99% uptime for all systems.
Miscellaneous Law Practice – 1996–2001
- Litigation and appellate.
Team Leader, Consumer Products Division, Texas Instruments; Lubbock, TX – 1991–1993
- Coded, maintained, and managed team responsible for worldwide marketing systems.
Programmer, Consumer Products Division, Texas Instruments; Lubbock, TX – 1988–1990
- Coded, maintained, and managed team responsible for worldwide accounting systems.
System Programmer, Texas Instruments; Dallas, TX – 1986–1988
- Coded and maintained accounting systems for the Defense Systems Equipment Group.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, TX – JD, 1996
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX – BBA, MIS, 1986
- SPI Dynamics WebInspect –2007
- GCFA – 2009
- CISSP – 2010
- Perl, Unix shells (bash and csh), SQL, PHP, COBOL, some C/C++ and Ruby.
- Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Redhat), Microsoft Windows, OS X.
- MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server, Microsoft Access.
Web, Email Servers and Spam Solutions
- Apache, IIS, Postfix, Sendmail, Exchange, SpamAssassin, Greylisting, Antigen, Forefront.
Networking Services and Software
- DNS (ISC, Microsoft), DHCP (ISC, Microsoft), Microsoft Clustering and Network Load Balancing, Active Directory, LDAP, Nagios.
Enterprise Security Tools
- Qualys, Absolute Manage, Juniper Firewalls, QRadar, TippingPoint, McAfee ePO, McAfee VirusScan.
- VMware Infrastructure 3, VMware (Windows, Linux, Mac), Parallels Desktop for Mac.
Development and Security Software
- CVS, Sourceforge Development Management Software, Sleuth Kit, SIFT Workstation, EnCase, Nmap, SSH, Tripwire, PGP, Ethereal, Snort, Netcat, TCPDump.